Honey has been used since ancient times as a nourishing natural food and topical healing remedy, and modern science has confirmed the extraordinary natural qualities of New Zealand Mānuka honey.
MGO - THE POWER OF MĀNUKA HONEY
New Zealand Mānuka has a long history as a respected medicinal plant, with different parts traditionally used by the New Zealand Māori people as a remedy for skin and digestive ailments, coughs, colds, throat and oral care.
It’s the nectar from the Mānuka flower that makes Mānuka honey so special. MGO, the key compound responsible for the potency of Mānuka honey, is naturally formed in the honey from the Mānuka nectar.
The higher the MGO level, the higher the potency of the honey. This is why choosing a Mānuka honey that has been certified for MGO content is so important, so you know exactly what you are getting.
Here's a guide to help you select the right potency for your needs:
As a general guide we recommend:
+ For use as a nutritious sweetener or for culinary use – go for the lower numbers MGO 30+ to 115+
+ bFor daily protection and wellbeing enhancement – go for MGO 263+ or 400+
+ For more acute/targeted use, aim for the higher numbers – MGO 573+ and above
HOW TO USE MĀNUKA HONEY
Mānuka honey is a delicious natural wholefood perfect for the whole family (over the age of 1 year). It’s so versatile and easy to include into your daily routine:
- Enjoy straight from the spoon
- Dilute in water to refresh during or after exercise or fluid loss
- Add to smoothies, or drizzle over yogurt, granola, or your favourite breakfast
- Perfect as a soothing natural sweetener in tea or coffee
- Also great for DIY beauty to smooth, soothe, heal and hydrate your skin
- Mānuka honey delivers plenty of natural goodness regardless of the MGO/UMF level you choose. It can be taken daily or as required for more targeted needs, and is a family favourite to support winter wellbeing.
MGO & UMF CERTIFICATION - THE ULTIMATE ASSURANCE
Mānuka Health carries both MGO and UMF certification to provide the ultimate assurance of the potency, quality and authenticity for each and every jar.
- The MGO number tells you the guaranteed minimum MGO content in the honey.
- The UMF mark provides independent certification of MGO content as well as quality and authenticity.
- For both MGO and UMF, the higher the number the higher the potency and grade of the honey.
- To carry the MGO and UMF marks the honey must be rigorously tested and meet strict requirements.
MGO 400+ Mānuka Honey is perfect for daily wellbeing to keep you at your natural best.
This premium Mānuka honey is sustainably sourced from our beehives in remote parts of New Zealand. The purity, potency and exceptional natural properties have been carefully protected from hive to jar.
Discover amazing benefits, with a delicously smooth caramel taste and a thick and creamy texture.